Upgrade Flysky Fs-i6 Firmware to 10 Channels
How to Update Flysky Fs-i6 Firmware to 10 channels
You will need:
*Flysky FS-i6 radio
* FlySky data cable (should be included w/ tx)
* Computer running Microsoft Windows 10
Buy FS-i6 – https://amzn.to/3kgxjBD
Note: This process involves a non-official firmware upgrade, essentially a DIY mod/hack. Keep in mind that FlySky may not provide support if issues arise during this procedure. Proceed at your own risk.
Step 1: Check for Driver Requirement
- Connect to Computer:
- Plug the data cable into a USB port on your computer.
- Check Device Settings:
- Navigate to computer Settings and Devices.
- Look for “USB to UART Bridge (COM#)” or a similar listing.
- If not listed, proceed to the next step. If listed, skip to the next section.
Step 2: Driver Installation (If Needed)
- Download Driver:
- Download the CP2102 “USB-to-Serial Bridge Driver” from Pololu’s website.
- Installation Instructions:
- Extract the zip archive into a temporary directory.
- Run the appropriate executable based on your operating system (64-bit or 32-bit).
- During installation, follow Windows prompts to install the drivers.
Step 3: Obtain the New FS-i6 Firmware
- Download Firmware:
- Visit the Download i6 mode.
- Choose the most recent version (currently “10ch_MOD_i6_Programmer_V1_5”).
- Click on “10ch_MOD_i6_Programmer_V1_5.exe.”
- Download the file.
Step 4: Install the Firmware
- Launch MOD i6 Programmer:
- Open the downloaded file to launch the “MOD i6 Programmer” window.
- Connect Radio to Computer:
- Press and hold “ok” to enter the main menu, select “System Setup.”
- Scroll down to “Firmware Update,” press “ok,” and confirm “yes” to enter update mode.
- Select COM Port:
- In computer Settings, locate the “USB to UART Bridge” device.
- Note the COM port (e.g., COM6).
- Configure MOD i6 Programmer:
- In the Mod i6 Programmer window, select the COM port to match the USB to UART Bridge device.
- Click “Open Port” to display the current firmware version.
- Program Firmware:
- Click “Program.”
- The radio will beep, and after a successful update, it will restart.
Step 5: Verify Update
- Check Firmware Version:
- Power off and disconnect the radio.
- Power it back on and navigate to System Setup, then Firmware version.
- Confirm that “FlyPlus Beta 20/01/16 8:27” is displayed.